05 December 2009

THE TAROT PROJECT


To be clear: I do not believe the Tarot to be a fortune-telling device nor can I see the past (it's gone anyway); rather the Tarot is symbol rich and can be used to tell stories that will change from day to day according to the "Reader's" temperament at the time. I want to use the Tarot of Marseille as a spring board for stories or narratives that come to mind as I improvise at my keyboard or as I dictate into my recorder.

I hope each of these improvisation will be about 1000 words more or less and I will start riffs on one card then move on to do the same with two or more cards and work through the Major Arcana each time. The restored deck by Philippe Camoin and Alejandro Jodorowsky is so beautiful that I've elected to focus on only that deck.

Let's see what happens...

No comments: